The Texas Oil & Gas Association Workers’ Compensation Safety Group Benefits
State law allows employers in similar industries to reduce their workers’ compensation premiums by purchasing their coverage as a group. The Texas Oil & Gas Association Workers’ Compensation Safety Group is for large and small Texas oil and gas companies. Texas Mutual underwrites the policies in the group and a TXOGA affiliate administers and markets the group.
How Does It Benefit Texas Oil and Gas Companies?
• Receive an up-front 12.4 % premium discount
• Possibility of receiving Texas Mutual individual policyholder dividends and safety group dividends.*
• Industry-specific safety plan, interactive safety tools at texasmutual.com and loss prevention seminars.
• Policyholder retains their own policy and experience.
• Policyholder maintains their relationship with their insurance agent.
• Benefits of a grassroots membership in the Texas Oil & Gas Association Workers’ Compensation Safety Group.
How Does A Texas Oil and Gas Company Find Out If They Qualify For The Program?
The company should have their workers’ comp insurance agent ask their Texas Mutual underwriter for a no-obligation quote with The Texas Oil & Gas Association Workers’ Compensation Safety Group. Policies currently with Texas Mutual can be considered for the Safety Group at renewal. Policies new to Texas Mutual can be considered at any time.
What Is The Membership Requirement?
Membership with the Texas Oil & Gas Association is required. Annual TXOGA dues for the purpose of participating in the program are $100/year.
* Past dividends are not a guarantee of future dividends, and the Texas Department of Insurance must approve all dividend plans.